If you like the idea of overnight oats, but you can never seem to remember to actually mix them up the night before, this recipe is for you. This is a simple mix of yogurt, fruit, and cooked grains, which makes for a satisfying breakfast or snack.
This recipe is a great way to use up leftover grains that might be lingering in the fridge .I like brown rice, quinoa, or millet in this mixture with whichever kind of berries that we happen to have in the fridge or freezer. Which is to say that this idea is wide open to interpretation, which is nice, especially if your little one likes the yogurt and grain mixtures that come in store-bought pouches. You can serve this in a little cup or in a reuseable pouch, depending on your preference and you can even thin it out a little with milk if needed.
Berry, Yogurt, and Grain Mash-Up
Makes 2 servings about 1/2-cup
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup cooked grains such as brown rice, millet, or quinoa
- 1/4 cup fresh (or frozen and thawed) blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Adjust sweetener if necessary. Serve cold.