In my house and for all of you, getting dinner onto the table is a daily challenge—made even more so by the presence of our tiny food critics. Which is why I'm so happy to introduce Yummy Family Food, my new cookbook series designed to make those family meals a whole lot easier. These simple meals have been a lifesaver over the past few months with our new baby in the mid.
Each issue will have 15 recipes—10 dinners with 4 variations on each (so you can customize them for your own family's likes and dietary preferences), as well as 5 simple sides. Each recipe takes about 30 minutes to prepare, if not less, and was created with reality in mind. So the food processor does the chopping. The oven does the roasting. And you don't have to stand over the stove watching a pot to make sure that dinner turns out perfectly.
These are meals that my family eats regularly. I've tested each one at least twice, though most have been made countless times over the past few months. We adjust and tweak and change the way that each is served, but they are staples in my house. I hope they become the same in yours! inside the magazine you'll find:
- Toddler Serving Tips: Each recipe is a meal that we actually eat in my house and each is suitable for a toddler to eat from both a chewing and nutritional standpoint. There are tips to make it easy to serve each recipe to little ones.
- Fast: Apart from the slow cooker recipes, all can be made in about 30 minutes or less.
- Allergy-Friendly: The recipes are not geared towards one type of diet, though they do include a high volume of produce and good-for-you ingredients. I include gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and vegetarian variations whenever possible.
- Budget-Minded: I’ve kept the cost of ingredients in mind and have streamlined the recipes so you can skip buying too many ingredients for any one meal.
- Make-Ahead: There are tips to prepare ingredients ahead of time or storage information in case you want to cook an entire meal ahead and store it in the fridge or freezer until mealtime.
- Shortcuts: When possible, there are shortcut ideas to help make an easy meal idea even easier.
- Ideas for Leftovers: Should you find yourself with leftovers, rely on these ideas to use them up in slightly different ways.
There will be a new volume every three months and have a few ways for you to get your hands on the recipes:
*Digital Edition: Buy the digital ebook of Volume 1 here for just $5.
*Print Edition: Buy a copy of a limited print run of Volume 1 for $8.
Stay tuned for future issues.
Interested in gifting a copy? Just put a note in when purchasing or email me at email@example.com and we'll make it happen!
Thanks so much friends. I'm so happy to be sharing these recipes with you and your families. (And if you have a recipe or meal that you'd love me to make easier or healthier for your family, let me know!)