Look for brown rice syrup in the baking aisle near agave nectar and sugar.
- 5 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup smooth, unsweetened natural peanut butter
- 1 cup brown rice syrup
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two ends (so you can lift out the bars to slice once firm).
- Warm the peanut butter and rice syrup for 15-30 seconds in the microwave or until just warm
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Pour into prepared pan and press down evenly.
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes. Slice and serve.
Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Use Sunbutter if needed for a nut-safe version.
Use crispy brown rice cereal or a similar option with no added sugar.
If you don’t have parchment paper, coat pan with nonstick spray and remove excess with a paper towel.
Top with sprinkles if desired.
Keywords: crispy rice bars, peanut butter rice krispie bars