Below is the recipe for the Spinach Grilled Cheese, and tips on making the other 14 lunches. You can print this recipe and have all of the inspiration in one place!
Spinach Grilled Cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 pieces whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the spinach, cheese, cream cheese, and cumin into a food processor. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Spread a thin layer of the spinach mixture onto 2 of the slices of bread. (You may have leftovers.) Add the second bread slices on top to make a sandwich. Add a thin coat of butter to the outside of each sandwich.
- Warm a skillet over medium heat. When warm, cook each sandwich for 2-3 minutes per side or until warmed through and melty.
- Serve warm in slices or cubes.
- You can store any leftover spinach mixture in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days to make additional sandwiches.
Here are the other simple toddler lunch ideas:
Easy Snack Box with mini muffins, diced fruit, freeze-dried fruit, and dry cereal
Pesto pasta with peas, fruit, and fruit leather
Veggie Muffins, hard-cooked eggs, raspberries
Chicken and Sweet Potato Bowl with diced pineapple
Broccoli Pesto Pasta with puffs and fruit
Finger food lunch of scrambled eggs, roasted squash, avocado, berries
Soft Roasted Chickpeas, cheese, kiwi, cheddar bunny crackers
Pizza Quesadilla with berries
Hummus Lunch with hummus, bread, pepperoni, animal crackers, and fruit
Baked Zucchini Fritters and tomatoes
Pesto Pizza with sliced cucumbers