We all want to feel good in our bodies and feed our families well, but diets and detoxes can so often do more harm than good. This list of healthy habits for your family to help you make small changes that you can actually stick with to improve your eating and your health over the longterm!
Healthy Family Food Habits
I know first hand how hard it can be to make changes to improve our diets—and the food that we feed our kids—and I find that most of the sweeping programs designed to help are simply too much for most families. There’s the reality that kids simply don’t eat everything that we make for them and that we’re often crunched for time.
And doing a complete overhaul rarely lasts very long because that approach is simply too hard to sustain. Plus, restriction almost always backfires when it comes to eating.
Often, and especially for busy families, the most effective way to make lasting changes is to start with small and simple things you feel you can wrap your head around. Because of that, my new ebook is set up to give you doable ideas that you can actually implement in your life to make lasting changes to improve picky eating, mealtime battles, the time you spend in the kitchen and so much more.
Healthy Eating Habits
My new ebook is not a diet. It’s not a detox or a complete overall. This is a series of small changes and habits that you can implement to improve your family’s habits relating to food. It will help you to get into a better routine in the kitchen, will help to curb some unhelpful habits that may be leading to picky eating, and it can improve overall dynamics of family meals—otherwise known as less tantrums and crying and more happy time together.
Healthy Family Meals on a Budget
Inside the ebook, you’ll find:
- 23 simple tips to help you improve picky eating, mealtime dynamics, planning, prepping, and more.
- “At the Store” tips to help you be more organized, to save money and time, and to fill the house with nutritious ingredients everyone will actually eat.
- “In the Kitchen” tips to help make your time in the kitchen more efficient so you can get healthy meals on the table in less time (and with less energy!).
- “At the Table” tips to improve picky eating, behavior issues related to food, and mealtime dynamics.
- Doable ideas to make eating together more fun and less stressful.
- Actionable ways to manage treats while teaching the kids to honor their own hunger.
- Simple explanations and methods to help you stop counting bites and obsessing about appetites and intake.
- Helpful tips to get the whole family invested in happy mealtimes.
- Bonus resources to help you save money on groceries and waste less food.
My goal is to give you simple ideas to make lasting changes that you can actually stick with—and that will improve everyone’s eating over time. I hope that each habit is something you can try now or in the future. Because even if you choose 1 or 2 tips from each section to do regularly, you are well on your way to improving your family’s health and sanity…all without having to eliminate food groups, control portions, feel guilty, or shop only at specialty stores.
How much does the ebook cost?
It’s $10. These are tips are a collection of all of my best feeding and cooking advice in one easy to use format, delivered straight to your email. You can download it to read it on your chosen device or print it out at home for your own use. This is an easy way to improve your family’s eating habits without having to drastically overall everything all at the same time.
If you feel daunted by improving your health or helping your kids eat healthy foods, this ebook can help.