Jumping off where last week’s post on toddler lunches for daycare left off, today starts a new weekly series showing a packed lunch and two snacks to fuel your little one through their day. I am assembling these with a 1 or 2 year old in mind, though you can of course serve them to an older eater (or even yourself) if you adjust portion sizes. These are based on my toddler’s food preferences and appetite size, but I hope they give you some new ideas for what to pack for your own little ones.
This toddler lunch is easy to pack, easy to eat, and doesn’t require reheating. We tend to have both milk and water available during snacks and meals, but adjust the drinks for your kiddo.
- 2 Mini Egg and Cheese Muffins (with sweet potato and a little powdered kale)
- Fresh snap peas (strings removed)
- Plain coconut chips (they are very thin, so are easy to chew)
- Cheddar crackers (from Back to Nature which have zero sugar, some protein, and good flavor)
- Colby Jack string cheese and a clementine
- Toddler-friendly trail mix with snipped organic Turkish apricots, chopped walnuts, and sunflower seeds
Containers are from the Wean Green Baby Feeding Starter Set. The lids snap very securely and the glass is incredibly durable.