As the seasons start to change, it’s a great time of year to put all of the fresh produce to use in simple family meals. These 30 healthy fall recipes to feed your family this September are your go-to meal plan for healthy and yummy meals for everyone at the table.
Healthy Fall Recipes
My family’s schedule is just as likely as busy as yours so this meal plan has a focus on easy recipes that can be made on weeknights. There are lots of slow cooker and one-pot options, plus meals that work well to be made ahead of time. And since apples are back in season at local US markets, there are more healthy fall recipes including apples for breakfast and snacks at the end.
Here we go, your family meal plan for September week by week!
Add a simple side of pan-seared chicken, beans, or eggs to any of the vegetarian dinners to add more protein.
- Sunday: Tofu and Summer Vegetable Curry
- Monday: Healthy Pasta Salad
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Beef Burritos
- Wednesday: Italian Lentils with Rice with side of melon
- Thursday: Easy Sweet Potato Hash
- Friday: BLTs with Avocado
- Saturday: Lamb Meatballs with Pita and Hummus
If you have access to fresh tomatoes, they work beautifully in the spaghetti sauce!
- Sunday: Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce with Pasta
- Monday: Broccoli Tots with rotisserie chicken
- Tuesday: Spinach Quesadillas with corn and black beans
- Wednesday: Easy Rice and Lentils
- Thursday: Instant Pot Pasta with Ground Beef
- Friday: Zucchini Pancakes
- Saturday: Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
Mix up the type of rice and pasta you buy for a wider range of nutrients.
- Sunday: Tortellini Soup
- Monday: Shortcut Butternut Squash Risotto
- Tuesday: Slow Cooker Chicken and Bean Tacos
- Wednesday: Breaded Tofu Nuggets, Roasted Cauliflower, and whole grain toast
- Thursday: Cauliflower Mac and Cheese with fruit
- Friday: 30-Minute Homemade Pizza
- Saturday: Slow Cooker Creole Chicken and Sausage
Add a simple side of fruit to any of these family meals.
- Sunday: Easy Slow Cooker Chili
- Monday: One Pan Pasta with Squash and Sausage
- Tuesday: Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas
- Wednesday:Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Cornbread Muffins (or toast)
- Thursday: Whole Roasted Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- Friday: Sandwiches of choice or takeout! With fruit
- Saturday: Pesto Pasta with Peas
Plus: Breakfast Ideas
All of the baked goods on this list can be made ahead!
- Applesauce Muffins
- Apple Donuts
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal
- Banana Peach Oatmeal
- Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Best Healthy Cereal
- Honey Peach Smoothie
- Apple Cinnamon Smoothie
- Mini Egg and Cheese Muffins
Plus: Healthy Snacks
Try making one or two healthy homemade snacks each week to keep things easy on you and mix up reliance on packaged snacks (if you want to!).
- Instant Pot Applesauce
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Blueberry Chia Seed Jam
- Mini Banana Scones with Coconut
- Soft Roasted Cinnamon Chickpeas
- Simple Sauteed Apples
- Apple Cookies with Oats and Raisins
- No-Knead Bread with Flax
- Healthy Banana Cake
I’d love to hear what your family likes in these meals plans so please comment below to share!