Sure, it took me 10 weeks into the New Year to get this new weekly meal plan series started, but that’s what happens when you have a newborn in the house…and the big kid is home with all of the snow days! Here’s a family meal plan to help you plan your week.
Family Meal Plan
Here’s some meal planning inspiration for the week. This family meal plan has 7 suggested dinners and a handful of ideas for what to serve for breakfast and snack time. I hope they help you to feed your families well this week!
Monday: 20-Minute Stir Fry with Noodles
Add a protein like chicken, shrimp, or beef, or leave it vegetarian. My whole family loves this dish and I love how fast it comes together in a skillet with little (to no!) fuss. You can even use precut veggies from the produce aisle to make this even easier.
Tuesday: Sheet Pan Black Bean Quesadillas
Make enough quesadillas to feed the whole family at once with this simple oven baking method! Serve corn or another simple veggie on the side, and maybe some salsa for dunking.
Wednesday: 30-Minute Lentil Soup
I love how packed with veggies this soup is. Pair it with a simple batch of muffins—Cornbread is always a favorite!—and some fruit or cheese to round things out…and provide kid-friendly sides if the littles aren’t so into soup.
Thursday: Chicken Tenders and Cauliflower Cheesy Rice
We had this last week and are planning to have it again this week since it went over so well. You can make the Cheesy Rice ahead of time if you’d like, or simply prep the cauliflower (or buy pre-made cauliflower rice from the produce aisle to limit the amount of dishes!).
Friday: Applesauce Pancakes and Bacon
Because breakfast for dinner is always a hit! Especially at the end of the week.
Saturday: Pizza Pockets with Broccoli and Cheese
Add some grapes or pineapple on the side and dinner is ready! (P.S. You can totally make these with purchased pizza dough.)
Sunday: Pasta with Hidden Veggie Meatballs
With three kinds of veggies and the texture and flavor that your kids expect, these Healthy Meatballs with Hidden Vegetables are a perfect family dinner option. Pair them with whichever type of pasta your family is into at the moment!
- Instant Pot Coconut Oatmeal: My friend Megan shared this last week and it sounds so good (and easy!). You could omit the sugar if needed to serve this to a baby. And/or add some blueberries or bananas or mango!
- Applesauce Overnight Oats: Simple to stir together the night before and good for all ages.
- Healthy Breakfast Bars with Jam: Egg-free and delish for days straight out of the fridge.
Plus, Family Meal Plan: Snack Ideas
- Creamy Cottage Cheese Dip: With a smooth and creamy texture, and a slightly sweet flavor, this protein-packed Cottage Cheese Dip with cinnamon and vanilla is a perfect topping for bread or crackers or dip for fruit!
- Simple Green Smoothie: My toddler loves this when I call it a “dinosaur smoothie”!
- Apple Cinnamon Bread: This easy Apple Cinnamon Bread recipe is moist (and flourless!) and it’s packed with whole grains and fruit. Plus, it has a texture that’s soft enough for even the littlest eaters. I love grabbing a slice of this mid-afternoon.