This time of the year is always busy with activities, parties, and the coming holiday weekend, so this family meal plan will help make it easier to feed your family well in no time at all.
Sunday: Pizza Chickpeas
I love this idea for a two-ingredient slow cooker dinner from The Kitchn: “Add 4 (15-ounce) cans drained and rinsed chickpeas to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Add a 32-ounce jar marinara sauce, such as Rao’s, and stir to coat. Cook on LOW 6 hours.” You could also simply warm this in a pot or in the microwave. Serve with crusty bread and top with Parmesan.
Monday: Peanut Butter Noodles with Tofu
The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t even have to cook the rice noodles. Just pour boiling water over them in a large bowl and let them sit while you make the rest of the recipe.
Tuesday: Cilantro Rice with Black Beans
Make a big batch of rice in the instant pot and pair with warmed black beans. Add sliced cucumbers or fruit on the side for an easy meal.
Wednesday: Pan-Seared Chicken Tenders, Corn Muffins with Yellow Squash
We love this quick and easy chicken recipe paired with a simple salad and these Corn Muffins with a veggie tucked right inside. (You can stash them in the freezer if you make them ahead.)
Thursday: Sweet and Sour Chicken and Broccoli
We had this recently with brown rice and I also added mushrooms. It’s an easy skillet dinner, especially if you have time to make the rice ahead of time and stash it in the fridge so you can simply warm it come dinner time.
Friday: 4-Ingredient Sausage Pasta
This super simple pasta dinner is a nice Friday night dinner!
Saturday: Grilled Brats, Buns, Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob
It’s almost summer, let’s eat like it! (We like these organic baked beans.)
Plus: Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Strawberry Overnight Oats: Stir together the night before for a breakfast everyone will enjoy.
- Cherry Smoothie with Cauliflower: Tuck 3 pieces of produce into this yummy smoothie.
- Healthy Strawberry Muffins: If you’re lucky enough to have local strawberries to pick, this is a yummy way to use them.
Plus Healthy Snack Ideas
- Green Smoothie Freezer Pops: Kids don’t like smoothies? Try them frozen!
- Blueberry Date Snack Cake: This stores really well in the fridge so you can eat it all week.
- Mini Lara Bars (or another favorite snack bar): Prep for any long weekend travel by picking up healthy snacks for the kids.
Find my best lunch ideas here.
Find more easy toddler meals here.
Find all of the meal plans here.