The amount of ingredients you use will depend on the size of your pouch, which usually ranges from 3-7 ounces. Nutrition will vary based on the ingredients you use.
- Applesauce: 3-5 ounces applesauce plus 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseed
- Apple Flax Yogurt: half Apple Puree and half plain whole milk yogurt, with 1/2 teaspoon ground flaxseeds
- Baby Oatmeal with Applesauce: half oatmeal and half applesauce
- Banana Yogurt: 3-5 ounces
- Pear Coconut Puree: 3-5 ounces Pear Puree with 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- Pear Yogurt: half Pear Puree and half plain whole milk yogurt, with 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds
- Red Lentil Coconut Soup: 3-5 ounces just warm soup
- Sweet Potato Tomato Soup: 3-5 ounces just warm soup
- Mango Smoothie: 3-5 ounces
- Mashed Butternut Squash: 3-5 ounces
- Mashed Roasted Sweet Potato: 3-5 ounces
- Spinach-Pea Puree (alone or with Applesauce): 3-5 ounces or half Spinach-Pea and half Applesauce
- Simple Green Smoothie: 3-5 ounces
- Strawberry Smoothie: 3-5 ounces (omit added sweetener)
- Veggie Chili, pureed smooth: 3-5 ounces
- If mixing purees, add the ingredients to a small bowl. Stir to combine well.
- Add to the pouch, avoiding overfilling. If using a zip bottom style of pouch, be sure the cap is on to prevent the puree from coming out.
- Serve or store for up to 24 hours and serve.
If using a pouch with a zipper bottom, like this one from Wee Sprout, avoid overfilling to prevent difficulty sealing the pouch.
Be sure the mixture is totally smooth to avoid it becoming stuck in the opening of the pouch.
Add 1/2 teaspoon hemp seeds to any mixture for extra healthy fats.
Add 2 tablespoons full fat coconut cream or plain yogurt to the mashed sweet potato or squash for healthy fats.
Try any other Baby Food Combination in a pouch.
Try any of my No-Cook Baby Foods in a pouch.
Serve foods you’d usually serve warm (like soups) just warm, not hot. Test on your wrist to be sure the temperature is not hot.
Omit any added salt or sweeteners as needed.
Make one at a time or a few to cover baby’s needs for a day.
Combine pouches with baby led weaning foods for a wide range of texture exposure.
Store leftover pouches in the fridge for up to 24 hours and serve again.
Keywords: baby food pouches, homemade baby food pouches