The garlic adds nice flavor, but may be too sharp tasting for younger kids. You can omit it if you’d like.
- 1/2 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- small clove garlic, minced (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Blend on low and increase to medium according to how smooth or chunky you’d like the sauce. (I like it with some cucumber chunks so I keep it fairly low.) Alternatively, you can do this in a food processor.
- Chill in an airtight container or use right away.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Leave the skin on the cucumber for a little color in the sauce and to make the prepping process easy. Or peel the cucumber and blend smooth if you prefer.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Add the garlic for more flavor or leave it out to make a milder sauce.
Add some freshly grated lemon zest for additional lemony flavor.
Use over grain bowls, falafel, as a dip for sliced cucumbers, with meatballs, or on salads.
Keywords: cucumber sauce, cucumber yogurt sauce