This will make at least two dinners worth of meatballs, depending on how many people are in your family. I like to freeze half of the batch to use in a future meal.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/3 Italian flavored breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 24-ounce jar favorite marinara sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray Remove the sausage from the casings if needed. Mix all ingredients well with clean hands in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined.
- Portion into small 2-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking pan and bake for 22-25 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- Serve, or bring the marinara sauce to a simmer in a medium pot. Add meatballs and keep warm until ready to serve with pasta or on/with rolls as sandwiches.
Use raw Italian sausage, not precooked.
Choose sausage that’s bulk or that comes in casings. Either works.
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and sausage to make this recipe gluten-free.
You can serve them without the sauce if your kids prefer them that way.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the fridge and reheat to serve. Or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or in a pot of simmering tomato sauce on the stovetop.
Serve the meatballs in warm tomato sauce with pasta or as meatball sandwiches with bread.
Keywords: sausage meatballs