Finish the adult servings (and more adventurous kid plates!) with a squeeze of fresh lemon and maybe crushed red pepper. Note that you’ll want to reserve some of the cooking water, so plan to take some out in a cup before you drain the pasta!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and snapped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 ounces feta cheese, optional
- lemon wedges, optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, add the oil to a medium skillet over medium heat to warm. Add the sausage and green beans, stirring to break up. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the sausage is cooked through and the green beans are bright green and tender.
- Stir the pasta into the sausage and green beans to coat, adding another drizzle of olive oil and as much cooking liquid as is needed to coat the pasta well.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve topped with crumbled feta and a squeeze of lemon if desired.
Use mild Italian sausage, bulk or links according to what you like and can find.
You can use any kind of pasta you prefer.
Cut up spaghetti noodles for the kids with kitchen shears.
I like this with fresh green beans, but frozen will work too.
Top with feta, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and/or lemon as desired.
Keywords: spaghetti with sausage, pasta with sausage