The kids can help make these easy English Muffin Pizzas by spreading on the sauce and adding the cheese, or you can quickly do them too. Add any other toppings you like (precooked options are best since we’re basically just toasting these quickly.) The recipe of my go-to recipes are linked in the Notes.
- 4 whole-wheat English muffins, split in half
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Thinly sliced mushrooms, chopped spinach, pepperoni, diced olives, or any other pizza topping you like)
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange the English muffin halves cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and toast until very lightly golden, about 4 minutes.
- Spread a spoonful or two of the pizza sauce over each half. Top with mozzarella cheese, any toppings, and Parmesan cheese, if using.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let cool briefly before serving and cut up as needed.
You can assemble these on the baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 8 hours before baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toasted, warm, and the cheese is melted.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped in foil in the fridge for up to 3 days. Toast for 3-5 minutes to warm through and serve.
Use a toaster oven if preferred.
Use pesto in place of the pizza sauce if you’d like.
Make sure the cheese is cooled a bit before serving.
Cut up as needed.
Here are my other favorite pizza recipes for kids for easy reference:
Keywords: pizza recipes for kids, english muffin pizza