Use this method when you have too much fresh rhubarb to use at once, or you’d like to save your fresh fruit to use later. It works with any amount.
- 1 bunch fresh rhubarb
- Pick your rhubarb. (Or pick up a bunch from the farmer’s market or store.)
- Discard the leaves if the stalks have leaves.
- Wash well and trim any rough ends. Slice into thin pieces.
- Place into a zip top freezer bag and press flat to remove as much air as possible and to spread the rhubarb out in one even layer. Seal.
- Place bag onto a small baking sheet and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the baking sheet and store the bag flat or upright. Measure out frozen rhubarb in any recipe you like.
Keywords: how to freeze rhubarb