Exciting news, friends: I’m launching a podcast called Comfort Food with my dear friend. It’s about feeding our kids and feeding ourselves — and we’d love for you to join us!
The Comfort Food Podcast
Comfort Food is the podcast about the joys (and meltdowns) of feeding our families and feeding ourselves. It’s about dealing with picky eaters. It’s about fighting back against diet culture. It’s about food — and that means it’s also about feminism, families and life.
You can listen to our first three episodes right now! Then stay tuned, because we’ll be dropping a new episode every week. So if you’re already a podcast listener and you don’t want to miss an episode, just subscribe (for free!) in iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, TuneIn Radio, or wherever else you get your podcasts. If you’re new to podcasts, don’t worry! All of the episode links, with more details and links and photos, can be found through our show notes. And we’ll tell you everything you need to know to start listening, below.
Meet the Hosts of Comfort Food
Getting Started on Listening to Podcasts
The beauty of podcasts is that you can take them anywhere (since they’re easy to listen to on your phone), and they are a great way to listen, learn, and catch up while you do other things—play with the kids, cook dinner, drive, walk, commute to work, clean the house, etc. They’re also completely FREE. We’re going to walk you through the steps on how to subscribe on an iPhone (or iPad) below.
So if you’re new to listening to podcasts or need some help navigating the Podcasts app, here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial to get you started.
- Step 1. To subscribe to Comfort Food Podcast on an iPhone using the Podcasts app, here’s what to do. Click the purple Podcasts app.
- Step 2. Once the podcast app is open, click the magnifying glass in the bottom-right corner to Search.
- Step 3. Type “Comfort Food” in the search bar at the top.
- Step 4: Scroll down or to the right if needed until you see our cover art icon, then click it.
- Step 5. Once on the “Comfort Food” page press the Subscribe button. This will help you avoid missing any new posts and it’s a free way to stay up to date on our shows!
- Step 6. The most recent episode may download automatically, but you can also scroll down to listen to previous episodes if needed.
- Step 7: Click the little plus sign to start downloading. This is important if you want to listen while you’re phone is on airplane mode or to avoid using data if you’re away from Wi-Fi.
- Step 8: Click the cloud button to download.
- Step 9: Let episode download and be on your way!
How to Listen on a Computer
If you go to our Show Notes page, you’ll see each episode listed. Click on the title to go to the page for each individual episode, then you’ll see a little arrow that will allow you to play the episode right then and there! You can also stream our podcast on your desktop via iTunes by following this link and clicking “View in iTunes” under our logo. If you’re on a PC computer that doesn’t have iTunes, you can learn how to install it for free here, or you can try listening from your computer via Google Play. If you have an Android phone you can download an app like Stitcher or TuneIn Radio.
Tell Us What You Think!
We can’t wait to hear your feedback on this exciting new project. If you have a question about food or an idea for something we should cover on an upcoming episode, please drop us a note on email@example.com. And if you’re listening on iTunes (or the Podcast app on your iPhone or iPad), please take a minute to rate and review us. (Just scroll down till you see a row of stars to tap.) That feedback is so important because it will help other folks find the podcast — and know they aren’t alone when it comes to the messy business of feeding a family and ourselves. We’re all in this together!