The honey helps these sprouts be free from bitterness, so offer a small serving to a child to introduce them to the dish.
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Grate the Brussels sprouts in a food processor until mostly even, or cut with a knife into thin pieces.
- Warm the butter or oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the sprouts and stir often for about 5-8 minutes or until softened. (Add a little water if they start to stick.)
- Stir in the zest, lemon juice, and honey. Serve topped with the sunflower seeds and Parmesan cheese.
Try to slice the Brussels sprouts evenly so they cook evenly, or use preshredded ones from the produce section of your store.
Add a little water to your pan if the sprouts start to stick at all.
These are done when they are soft but still bright green.
Remember to avoid honey for kids under aged 1.
Keywords: brussels sprouts, sauteed brussels sprouts