Serve these mini meatballs with grains and veggies or pasta.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick spray.
- Place the onion, carrot, and fresh parsley (if using) into the bowl of a food processor. Grind finely for about 30 seconds.
- Add the lamb, cumin, egg, cheese, apricots or raisins, salt, and cornmeal or breadcrumbs and combine well for 30-60 seconds stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until just starting to brown.
- Drain on paper towels and serve with Cucumber Sauce or in your favorite marinara sauce with a sprinkle of cinnamon and cumin.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days or in the freezer for 3 months.
Use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed.
Grind the veggies finely to ensure a smooth overall final texture.
Use a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon to portion out batter.
You can fry these in hot oil in a cast iron skillet if you prefer your meatballs to be a little crunchy.
Keywords: lamb meatballs, healthy meatballs