This simple smoothie is easy to make and is super creamy without many ingredients. You can even share it with your kiddo! Be sure to blend it very well to ensure the best creamy texture.
- 1 fresh medium orange, peeled
- 1/2 frozen banana (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup frozen peach slices
- 1/2 cup whole milk cottage cheese
- Add the orange to the blender, then top with the additional ingredients.
- Blend, starting on low and working up to high until very smooth and creamy. Use the stick that came with your blender to help move the ingredients around if needed—it may at first seem like there’s not enough liquid, but there will be as soon as the orange starts to be blended up. (If your blender doesn’t have a stick, stop the blender a few times and move the ingredients around with a spoon.)
- Serve immediately in a cup, in a bowl with a spoon, or in a reusable pouch.
Save any leftovers for a future snack in an airtight container (try to use within 24 hours or freeze into popsicles).
Put the orange into the blender first since you’ll need the liquid from it to help move the rest of the ingredients around.
Use the stick that came with your blender (if one did) to help move the ingredients.
If you don’t have a fresh orange, use 1/2 cup orange juice.
Use fresh peach instead of frozen if desired and add a few ice cubes.
Use Greek-style yogurt (dairy or nondairy) in place of the cottage cheese if desired.
Add 2 tablespoons hemp seeds to add more healthy fats and protein.
Keywords: peach banana smoothie, cottage cheese smoothie