Here are 40 go-to family meals that can be made at the end of the day—even when you get home without much of a plan for what to make for dinner!
Yummy Family Food eBook
My Yummy Family Food is a digital cookbook designed to make family meals easier. With easy family dinners that can be made in under 30 minutes or in the slow cooker, these are dinners that were created and tested (and retested!) with reality in mind. So the food processor does the chopping. The oven does the roasting. And you don’t have to stand over the stove watching a pot to make sure that dinner turns out perfectly.
Hi, I’m Amy. A busy mom of 3 who’s here to help you serve up healthy dinners that the whole family will actually want to eat.
When I first started feeding a family, I was surprised at just how hard it was to actually pull it off. There was the time factor, the reality that 5 pm was when my kids seemed to need my attention most, and the sheer variability of likes and dislikes at my table.
To help in my own life and the lives of my online readers, I sought out to put together a collection of recipes that we could turn to again and again. I am really great at streamlining cooking techniques and adjusting recipes to fit the needs of both the kids and adults at the table. These are some of my best family dinners and guess what? You can totally make them in your home too!
Easy Family Dinners You Can Actually Make on a Weeknight
The easy family dinners and recipes are:
- Appropriate for Toddlers: Meals are suitable for toddlers from both a chewing and nutritional standpoint. Serving tips are included to make serving the same meal to everyone simple.
- Fast: All recipes can be made in about 30 minutes or less—or in the slow cooker.
- Budget-Minded: The ingredients are streamlined to save money and time.
- Make-Ahead: You can prepare ingredients, or the entire meal, ahead of time—either earlier in the day or days ahead.
- Approachable: Both from a cooking perspective and an eating one, the recipes are simple and straight-forward. And also yummy!
Inside Yummy Family Food
Here’s more about what you’ll find inside the digital ebook.
- The digital ebook includes 40 main dish dinner ideas.
- Each recipe can be made in under 30 minutes or in the slow cooker.
- Each main dish has tips for shortcuts, make-ahead strategies, and ideas for serving the dish up to kids.
- There are allergy-friendly substitutions where possible.
- Each main dish recipe can be made in under 30 minutes or in the slow cooker to ensure that these recipes are doable for busy weeknights.
- Each recipe is plant-based and has a balanced mix of nutrients including fiber, vegetables, and protein.
Praise for Yummy Family Food
We made the Moroccan lentil quinoa bowls (deconstructed for the toddler) for dinner tonight. So tasty and the small servings of each thing seem to make him more willing to try everything. —Emily
I think I’ve made every recipe. We loved the Sweet Potato Sausage Sauce—and the leftovers made yummy Sloppy Joe’s! —Gina
My husband and I really liked the peanut sauce (and it was much simpler than my usual one) Hazel loves the noodles and I gave her a dab of the sauce to dip (which she didn’t try but hopefully some day!). —Liz
The slow cooker sweet potato sausage sauce was a hit with my husband and Hazel. I am easy to please but those two it’s hard to make something they will both like. This cookbook has been a score! —Liz
Is this book available as a printed book?
If for some reason you aren’t satisfied with your order, please contact me at yummytoddlerfood [at] gmail.com for assistance.