You can make this and serve it throughout the week, or stash some in the freezer for future use. Feel free to double this to make a larger batch.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4–1/2 cup water
- To do this with frozen blueberries, thaw completely first at room temperature or warm for about a minute in the microwave.
- If the blender has a hard time blending the fruit totally smooth, increase the amount of blueberries to 2 cups.
- To freeze, portion puree into an ice cube tray and freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen. Transfer to a freezer storage bag for up to 3 months.
- To thaw from frozen, place a cube into an airtight container and allow to thaw overnight in the fridge.
- Blueberry puree will firm up a little as it sits, so simply stir it before serving.
- Serve as is or mix into yogurt, oatmeal, or a smoothie. You can also serve slightly warmed as a sauce for pancakes or waffles.