This fluffy peanut butter puree should have the consistency of yogurt and be easy for a baby to move around in their mouths. Remember to offer just a little at a time.
- 1 tablespoon creamy natural peanut butter without added sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons
- Add the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons water to a bowl.
- Stir until the mixture starts to come together and the color and consistency are uniformly light and somewhat fluffy. This will take a little bit of time so keep going if and when the peanut butter separates.
- Add water as needed to make a fluffy puree consistency.
- Offer on a spoon to baby in small amounts or spread onto a 1-2 finger-size piece of toast.
Keep stirring if the mixture looks separated. It may take a full minute or more of stirring until the mixture comes together.
If it seems thick or sticky, thin it out more with additional water.
Choose creamy natural peanut butter without added sugar.
Offer a small amount on a spoon or spread a thin layer onto a 1-2 finger-size piece of toast.
Stop feeding baby when they turn their head away and close their mouth. (The serving size below is just a ballpark guess.)