- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a wire rack in a rimmed baking sheet. Coat the rack well with nonstick spray.
- Add the tortilla chips to a food processor or blender and process into fine crumbs. You should have about 1 cup. Pour into a shallow dish or pie plate.
- Break the eggs into another shallow dish and beat lightly. Add the flour to a third shallow dish and sprinkle with salt.
- Working with one tender at a time, dredge the chicken completely in the flour, egg, and then tortilla crumbs and place on the prepared rack. Continue to finish the rest of the chicken. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ketchup, Ranch, marinara sauce, or applesauce.
Store any leftover chicken in the fridge in an airtight container. Serve cold or warm briefly in a 350 degree F oven or in the microwave for 15-30 seconds.
Do bake them on a wire rack as instructed. This allows air to circulate underneath so the tops and the bottoms are perfectly crispy.
Coat the chicken well through the flour, egg, and crumbs to ensure the best results.
If using the tortilla chip option, be sure to totally crush them to create an even crumb.
If using panko, add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Serve as strips or cut into pieces according to what will work best for your child.
Reheat in the oven to return the chicken to crispy, or pack in a lunch and enjoy chilled.