This smoothie makes two toddler-size servings, or a smoothie to share for a parent and toddler. You can freeze any leftovers into a freezer pop!
- 1 cup unsweetened milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds (optional)
To make this smoothie without banana, you can try adding a 2 tablespoons of avocado and a few ice cubes. Or use half milk and half Greek yogurt to add creaminess.
To make this vegan, use nondairy milk.
Serve immediately for the best texture, or store in the fridge for 2-4 hours and serve in a reusable pouch. Shake it before serving to make sure it’s not separated.