You could make this slightly more indulgent by adding 1/2- cup of chocolate chips to the batter, though it’s really good in this simple version!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Grind the oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds, or until they resemble a coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process for about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor as needed, until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, smoothing with a spatula. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan before slicing.
- Serve chilled, at room temperature, or slightly warm.
To store: Place in an airtight container or storage bag in the fridge for up to a week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you like coconut, you can sub 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut for 1/2 cup of oats.