These small scones are inspired by the Banana-Coconut Cookies in Flourless.
- 2 medium very ripe bananas, mashed smooth
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups quick oats (or rolled oats ground slightly in the food processor)
- 1/2 cup shredded and unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup almond meal (or ground almonds)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing thoroughly.
- Scoop by the tablespoon (use your finger to gently push each portion out) onto the prepared baking sheet, reforming as needed into little mounds.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until firm and lightly browned. Serve warm.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper so the bottoms crisp but don’t stick.
Stir the batter together gently.
Use very ripe bananas that have a lot of brown spots for sweetness.
Add in the optional chia seeds for additional healthy fats (but know they aren’t 100% necessary).
Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to portion out the dough.
To store, let scones cool completely and store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the fridge for up to 5. Heat briefly before serving if desired.