Frozen bananas give the smoothie a creamy, naturally sweet base, though you can make this with a fresh banana as long as the other fruit is frozen. It’s easy to add whatever berries or fruit you have on hand, so customize it for your kiddo.
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk (or other favorite milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen banana slices
- ½ cup frozen pineapple, strawberries, or mango
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend on high for 1 minute or until all the ingredients are combined and smooth. Serve immediately.
Use frozen mango cubes instead of banana if needed for an allergy.
Use any milk you like, though I find that nondairy plant milks lend the best consistency to smoothies.
Use spinach or kale and consider freezing the spinach to cut down on the “green” flavor.
Add 1 tablespoon hemp seeds, 1 tablespoon nut or seed butter, or 1/4 cup Greek yogurt for extra healthy fats and protein.
Blend really, really well.
Freeze into popsicle molds for a healthy treat.