Learn to customize yummy smoothies for your toddler by starting with one simple method.
- 1 cup milk (I prefer nondairy)
- 1 small banana, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit (blueberries, strawberries, mango, apple, or kiwi)
- 1/2 cup veggies (kale, spinach, raw fresh or frozen chopped cauliflower, raw fresh or frozen sliced zucchini, raw fresh or frozen sliced summer squash, roasted sweet potato, roasted butternut squash, steamed diced beets)
- Optional add ins (pick 1-2): 1 teaspoon hemp seeds, chia seeds, or ground flaxseed 1 tablespoon nut butter 2 tablespoons avocado 1-2 teaspoons cocoa powder 1-2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup 1 tablespoon rolled oats
- Add chosen ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until very smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl and adding more liquid if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Blueberry Cocoa: Milk, banana, blueberries, spinach, cocoa powder
- Strawberry Banana: Milk, banana, strawberries, cauliflower, hemp seeds
- Mango Coconut Sweet Potato: Coconut milk, avocado, mango, sweet potato
- Honey Peach: Milk, banana, peaches, summer squash, flaxseed
- Creamsicle: Yogurt, banana, orange, butternut squash
- Tropical Greens: Milk, banana, kiwi, kale, chia seeds
- Cocoa Banana: Milk, banana (1 whole), spinach, cocoa powder, nut butter
- Tangy Peach: Kefir (instead of milk), banana, peach, honey, cauliflower
- Cinnamon Apple: Milk, banana, apple, summer squash, dash cinnamon
- Strawberry Beet: Milk, avocado, strawberries, beets, maple syrup