You can omit the shredded coconut and use additional oats as needed. To make this dairy-free, use nut butter or neutral liquid oil in place of the yogurt or butter.
- 2 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed very dry
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted and cooled butter OR plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Grind the oats in a food processor for about 30 seconds, or until they resemble a coarse flour.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the chocolate chips and process for about 1 minute, stopping to scrape down the sides of the processor as needed, until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan, smoothing with a spatula and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Press down slightly. Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until the edges are golden and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan before slicing. Serve chilled, at room temperature, or slightly warm.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge or in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer with as much air removed as possible for up to 3 months.