Transform fresh berries and yogurt into fun homemade gummies!
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup whole milk, divided
- 3 packets plain gelatin
- 3/4 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Place the berries into a small saucepan and heat on low until the juices just start to run. Remove from heat and mash with a fork or a potato masher and strain out the skins, reserving the liquid. Set aside. (You can save the skins to add to your next smoothie!)
- Place 1/2 cup milk into an 9×13-inch baking pan or a 9-inch pie plate (you want something with a large surface area). Sprinkle the gelatin over top evenly to dissolve. Let sit for about 3 minutes. Whisk to combine.
- Warm the remaining 1/2 cup milk in a heat-safe container, such as a glass measuring cup, in the microwave until just about to boil, about 30-45 seconds. Stay close to avoid it boiling over. Whisk the warm milk into the cold milk/gelatin mixture for 1-2 minutes or until very smooth. Add the yogurt, vanilla, maple syrup or honey, and blueberry juice and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into an 8×8-inch baking pan and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight. Cut into squares or into shapes with your favorite cutter. Store in the fridge for 3-5 days in an airtight container.
You can make this with 1 tablespoon jam in place of the fresh fruit. Simply stir it in at the end of Step 3.
Use a mini silicone mold to make little shapes.