Share a batch of flourless chocolate baked donuts for breakfast, snack time or dessert. They’re easy enough that the kids can help make the batter!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a standard size donut pan well.
- Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if needed.
- Fill donut cups about 3/4 full. Depending on the size of your pan, you may need to make two batches.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out cleanly. (You can also use a mini muffin pan and bake for the same time.)
- Let cool for a few minutes and use a paring knife to carefully coerce the donuts out of the pan. Let cool fully on a wire rack.
- Top fully cooled donuts with optional Pumpkin Yogurt Frosting.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Pumpkin Yogurt Frosting: Stir together 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree, and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar. Place into a small zip top bag, seal, and cut off one corner. Drizzle over donuts right before serving.
The frosting is best used right before serving, though you can frost up to 24 hours ahead of serving if you store in the fridge.
If you want to make the frosting ahead, store it in the bag, then cut off the end and drizzle to serve the donuts.)
To bake as muffins, use a mini muffin pan and bake as directed.
To make nut-free, use Sunbutter.
To make eyes, create small cream cheese balls, flatten, and place onto donut. Top each with a mini chocolate chip.