This crisp is only lightly sweetened, so it’s a healthy dessert to share with the littles. Serve this warm or at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 2-quart baking dish or 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Place berries into the baking dish and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, flour, remaining sugar, yogurt, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. You may need to use your (clean) hands to get the mixture well incorporated, but don’t overmix.
- Sprinkle over crisp, breaking up into smaller pieces to cover. over crisp, smoothing to cover evenly. Evenly distribute the butter cubes over the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the fruit is bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
Store any leftovers, covered, at room temperature for up to 24 hours or in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Use melted coconut oil in place of the butter if needed.
Use certified gluten-free oats as desired.
You can use fresh fruit if you prefer.
Take care to mix the topping thoroughly, but to not knead it which could make it a little chewy.