- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. Add the butter or oil to melt and warm.
- Add the carrots and stir to coat. Cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the broth and turn the heat to high. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat back to medium so it’s a simmer with regular small bubbles.
- Add the pasta and cook for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the peas and marinara sauce, if using.
- Season to taste with salt and serve with Parmesan, if desired.
If using any other pasta shape, check the cooking time on the package.
Use just carrots and double the amount.
Use frozen veggie medley with carrots, green beans, corn, and peas if desired, and skip Steps 1 and 2.
The marinara sauce adds nice extra flavor, but you can skip it if you don’t have it.
The pasta continues to absorb the liquid as it sits, so the soup will continue to thicken. You can add more broth if desired, though the thicker soup does make it easier for the kids to eat!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Warm to serve.