These chicken nuggets have simple ingredients and a pleasantly crispy exterior. Aim to cut the chicken into similarly sized pieces so they bake evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a wire rack coated with nonstick spray on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Cut up the chicken into bite-size pieces. I like to use kitchen shears for this.
- Place the egg, flour, and breadcrumbs, mixed with the salt, into three shallow bowls.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the flour, egg, then the breadcrumbs and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 14-15 minutes or until completely cooked.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with ketchup, ranch or marinara.
Coat the wire rack well with nonstick spray to ensure that the breading doesn’t stick.
Use all-purpose or gluten-free flour as needed.
Use kitchen shears to quickly cut up the chicken into smaller pieces.
To reheat leftovers, place into the oven on a foil-lined baking sheet for 6-8 minutes at 375 degrees F.
To make these baked chicken nuggets without egg, simply omit the egg and use 1/2 whole milk instead.
To make these chicken nuggets gluten-free, simply use gluten-free flour and gluten-free panko.