These baked carrot fries are a simple side to go with burgers or chicken and pair perfectly with ketchup.
- 6–8 medium carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange your carrots on a cutting board.
- Cut the ends off of the carrots.
- Peel the carrots.
- Slice into matchsticks, each about the width of a pencil.
- Place the sliced carrots onto a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread out as evenly as possible (this will help them to get a little crisp in spots, which makes them really yummy).
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until just starting to brown and are soft in texture. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Try to cut the carrots to a similar size so they bake evenly.
- Coat the carrots with olive oil well by tossing around the pan.
- Spread the carrots out so they aren’t overlapping so they bake well, and use a second sheet pan if needed to achieve this.
- Add additional flavor by sprinkling with sesame seeds, Everything Bagel seasoning, cumin or even cinnamon.
- Serve with a dip such as ketchup, Ranch, or honey.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.