These baked carrot fries are a simple side to go with burgers or chicken and pair perfectly with ketchup.
- 6–8 medium carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Arrange your carrots on a cutting board.
- Cut the ends off of the carrots.
- Peel the carrots.
- Slice into matchsticks, each about the width of a pencil.
- Place the sliced carrots onto a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread out as evenly as possible (this will help them to get a little crisp in spots, which makes them really yummy).
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until just starting to brown and are soft in texture. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Try to cut the carrots to a similar size so they bake evenly.
Coat the carrots with olive oil well by tossing around the pan.
Spread the carrots out so they aren’t overlapping so they bake well, and use a second sheet pan if needed to achieve this.
Serve with a dip such as ketchup, Ranch, or honey.