If you want to make these creamier, live it up and add more sour cream and butter!
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, diced (peeled if desired)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the potatoes into a medium-large pot and cover with 2 inches of cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until almost tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, stir, and simmer until the broccoli and the potatoes are cooked through and soft (but not mushy), about 4 minutes more.
- Drain in a colander.
- Add the butter, sour cream, and salt. Mash with a potato masher, making the mixture as chunky or smooth as you like.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat to serve.
Use cauliflower instead of broccoli if desired.
Dairy-free: Use olive oil instead of butter and omit the sour cream.