If you want to make these creamier, you can add a little milk or broth, but if your potatoes are moist, they should be pretty creamy as is.
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces (or about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 large head of broccoli, chopped (or about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place the potatoes into a medium-large pot and cover with 2 inches of cold water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until almost tender, about 6-8 minutes. Add the broccoli, stir, and simmer until the broccoli and the potatoes are cooked through and soft (but not mushy), about 3-4 minutes more. Drain.
- Add the butter and salt and mash with a potato masher, making the mixture as rustic or smooth as you like.
Top with crumbled cooked bacon.
Stir in shredded cheese and/or grated Parmesan.
Try with cauliflower.