Serve small portions by the spoonful or in a reusable pouch to babies and toddlers.
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon ground dried ginger
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat and warm the oil. Add the sweet potatoes and carrots and stir. Cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, turmeric, ginger, stock, and lentils. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook 10-15 minutes or until the lentils are soft and starting to break down.
- Stir in the coconut milk and puree smooth. (You can also serve this chunky!) Serve warm.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Omit the turmeric if you don’t have it.
Swirl in plain yogurt if desired.
Serve in a small cup, bowl, or reusable pouch for little kids.
Try as a sauce for rice or pasta, or with crackers or toast as a dipper if the kids aren’t big fans of soup.