Stretch your ground beef and add a veggie right into moist burger patties with this simple family dinner recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed very dry
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil or butter
- Cocktail buns
- Assorted burger toppings of your choosing
- Add beef, zucchini, cheese, salt and pepper to the bowl of a food processor. Grind until combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Form into small patties.
- Heat oil in a nonstick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers, making sure not to overcrowd the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked to the desired doneness. Serve in rolls, or diced up for your toddler.
You can also cook these on the grill if desired.
Use ground lamb instead of beef and feta for cheddar for Greek burgers.
Try shredded carrot instead of the zucchini.