This makes enough for 2-3 servings, so you can store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Reheat it for 15-30 seconds in the microwave to serve. You can also toss any leftovers with pasta for a quick and healthy mac and cheese.
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup whole or 2% milk, warmed slightly
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
- Pinch garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 head broccoli
- Add the cauliflower to a steamer basket fitted in a medium pot half filled with water set over medium heat. Cover and cook until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, butter, milk, cheese, garlic powder, and salt to a blender. Blend until very smooth.
- Serve with additional steamed cauliflower, steamed broccoli, fries, pretzel sticks, Chicken Tenders, Chicken Meatballs, as Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, or anything else the kids might like to dip into cheese sauce!
Use yellow or white cheese, according to whether you’d like your sauce to be yellow or white.
You can make this up to 3 days ahead and store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Stir into pasta to make Cauliflower Mac and Cheese, serve as a dip for Chicken Meatballs, or as a dip for veggies, pretzel sticks, or Baked Chicken Tenders.
You can omit the garlic powder for a more mellow flavor.
You can add a pinch of mustard powder for additional flavor.
Use store bought cauliflower florets or cut up a head of cauliflower. You can also start with frozen florets.