Try these quick and easy chicken tenders for a kid-friendly weeknight protein paired with a grain and a veggie (or fruit!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced
- Warm the oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken tenders and top with the sliced garlic. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover and cook for 4 minutes. Remove cover.
- Flip over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes uncovered. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.
Use chicken tenders for quick and even cooking.
Cover the pan before you flip the chicken to prevent it from drying out.
Add sliced garlic on the chicken for flavor. You can remove them before serving as desired.
Sprinkle with salt.
Serve with a dipping sauce such as ketchup, ranch, or salsa if desired.
Serve shredded or diced, according to what will work best for your child.