We like this with rice or rice noodles, but you can adjust how you serve it to fit your family!
- 1 pound frozen fully cooked and peeled shrimp
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil like canola or grapeseed
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a microplane
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups short grain brown rice
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Thaw the shrimp according to the package directions.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the oil to warm. Add the zucchini and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until starting to soften.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another 2-3 minutes to warm through.
- Stir together the garlic, ginger powder, honey, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Stir into the zucchini and shrimp.
- Serve over warm rice.
Use reduced sodium-soy sauce to keep the sodium levels down.
Use tamari instead of soy sauce to make this gluten-free.
Trade in maple syrup instead of honey if desired or if you’ll be sharing with kids under 12 months.
Dice the foods smaller for younger toddlers to easily eat.
Top with crushed peanuts and a squeeze of lime juice.
Parents may want to top their servings with hot sauce.