Try this easy breakfast-for-dinner idea the next time you need a super easy and nutritious family dinner.
- 2–3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 4 cups)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4–8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Toss the sweet potato, onion, chickpeas, oil, cumin, chili powder, and salt together on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir together the sour cream or yogurt and salsa.
- Serve the roasted veggies with the eggs, avocado, and the salsa sauce.
Make the eggs ahead of time to make it even easier.