You can make this up to a week ahead of time or on the same day, depending on when you decide to make pizza! Try using it in my Pesto Pizza recipe.
- Measure out 1 cup warm water. Stir in the yeast and sugar. Let sit for about 5 minutes until dissolved or puffy.
- Add the flour, olive oil, and salt to a medium bowl. Add the water-yeast mixture and stir together with a spoon or your hands. Continue bringing the dough together into a ball, adding 1/4-1/2 cup additional water to make a smooth ball of dough. It’s okay if it’s a little wet.
- Add the dough to a greased 1 quart storage container (or a larger container works too). Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To use the dough, remove from the fridge 3-4 hours before you plan to use it and let it sit at room temperature.
- Try it in my Pesto Pizza recipe.
To make the dough on the same day that you plan to use it, use 2 teaspoons yeast. Cover the ball of dough with a cloth kitchen towel and let sit at room temperature for at least an hour and up to 4 hours.
You don’t need to knead the dough, just bring it together with your hands to make a dough. It will become softer as it sits.
Try this dough in my Pesto Pizza recipe.