This easy baby food is rich in healthy fats, super smooth, and has a mellow flavor. This is a great puree to make when you’re eating something like tacos…so you can have some too!
- ripe avocado
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the flesh. You’ll need at least 1 cup to do this in a blender.
- Add to a blender. Start on low and blend smooth, adding a little water, breastmilk, or formula as needed to thin and create a smooth consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- To store, place puree into small food storage containers and squeeze fresh lemon juice over top. You’ll want any exposed part of the puree to be in contact with some lemon juice to prevent browning.
- To do this with a fork, place as much or as little avocado onto a plate. Mash with a fork to reach the desired consistency, thinning with water, breastmilk or formula as desired.
- To freeze, stir 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice into the mash and spoon into an ice cube tray. Freeze. Transfer frozen cubes into a freezer storage bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge in an airtight container. (You can also freeze directly in a freezer bag.)
- Leave as a thicker mash for older babies.
- Spread onto toast sticks (about the size of your finger) for BLW-style feeding or offer a preloaded spoon.
- Mix with banana puree, sweet potato puree, pureed beans, or any other food you like.