Yes, this is delicious on turkey, but it also makes a delicious jam or addition to a bowl of plain yogurt with honey!
- 2 navel oranges, peeled with as much white pith removed as possible
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1/2–3/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Add the oranges to a blender and blend until mostly smooth.
- Add oranges and the rest of the ingredients, starting with 1/2 cup honey, to a medium pot over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until the berries are softened and mostly completely broken down.
- Remove from heat and taste for sweetness. If it’s too tart for your liking, add up to an additional 1/4 cup honey. Spoon into jars and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
This can be made up to 1 week in advance. Store in airtight containers in the fridge until ready to serve.
You can use maple syrup instead of honey if you prefer.
If you don’t have fresh oranges, use 1 cup orange juice total as your liquid.
Other types of oranges will work. Just make sure they taste good and sweet to you.
Taste the finished sauce and adjust the sweetness as needed.