Use this simple method to freeze in season or sale blueberries to keep them freshly frozen for months.
- 1 pint blueberries (up to as many as you have!)
- Sort your berries and remove any that are blemished.
- Wash the berries gently.
- Spread on a clean kitchen towel and pat gently to dry. You can also let them sit at room temperature to dry further for 30-60 minutes.
- Add to a zip top freezer bag, filling about half full. Lay flat, spread the berries out into one even layer, and press out as much air as possible.
- Freeze flat so the berries don’t stick together. Once fully frozen, you can reposition the bag upright if you want.
Freeze for 6-12 months.
Do as few or as many berries as you like. Use a pint-size freezer bag for one pint and a gallon size for two pints.
Fill bags halfway to avoid overfilling and to allow them to freeze in a flat layer.
Aim to have the berries totally dry to reduce the chances of them freezing together.
Freeze in one flat even layer to avoid them freezing together.
Use in smoothies, muffins, oatmeal, jam, crisp or any other favorite blueberry recipe.