Serve up a simple, yet nutritious protein smoothie with three flavor options to choose from.
- 1 cup whole milk plain kefir
- 2 tablespoons almond, peanut, or sunflower seed butter
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- Strawberry-Cauliflower: add 1 cup frozen strawberries and 1/2 cup frozen raw cauliflower
- Mango-Sweet Potato: add 1 cup frozen mango and 1/2 cup cooled roasted sweet potato
- Banana-Spinach: add 1 frozen banana (about 1 cup) and 1/2 cup lightly packed baby spinach
Omit the hemp seeds if needed or desired.
Add 1/4-1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or cottage cheese for additional protein.
Start the blender on low and work up to high. Blend for 30-60 seconds to allow ample time for the mixture to become super smooth.
Sweeten to taste with a little maple syrup or honey (for kids over 1).
If you are unable to find kefir, use half milk and half plain yogurt instead.
Add 1/2 banana for additional creaminess in any of the smoothies.