You can use any fruit that the kids like in these, though I most often do it with fruit that’s lingering in the fridge…it always helps that fruit suddenly become more fun! You can make as few or as many as you like—adjust the quantity of fruit as needed.
- 2 cups assorted fruit such as banana, kiwi, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, and/or melon
- 6–8 paper lollipop sticks
- yogurt for dipping, optional
- Peel any fruit with a peel that needs to be discarded. Cut into chunks. Half grapes for kids under age 4 as needed.
- Place onto paper lollipop sticks in any order you or the kids like.
- Serve with yogurt (plain with a little jam or honey or flavored) for dipping if desired.
This is a great way to use up lingering fruit.
Let the kids pick the fruit they want on their sticks or assemble the sticks for them. We’ve done rainbows, alternating colors or sticks with just one fruit!
I like paper lollipop sticks since they aren’t sharp. Look for them near the cupcake supplies in a crafts or big box store. They come in a few lengths and any work.
If you have leftover fruit, place into an airtight container and store in the fridge to make more sticks later!