We like these apples warm or cold out of the fridge, so see what your kids like best!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the butter or oil into a pie plate or baking dish. Warm in the oven for a few minutes to melt. Remove from oven.
- Slice the apples into approximately 1/2-inch slices and discard the cores. Place into the baking dish with the oil.
- Add the cinnamon and toss to combine.
- Bake for 28-34 minutes, or until tender when poked with a fork.
- Serve in slices or cut up into smaller pieces and serve over yogurt, oatmeal, or pancakes.
Store leftovers, once cooled, in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Serve cold or warmed.
To freeze, let apples cool completely and store in a single layer in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
You can add frozen baked apples directly to smoothies.
Serve warm apples over yogurt, oatmeal, or pancakes.
Serve alongside savory dinners such as roasted chicken or pork chops.
Use Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Fuji, or any other slightly firm apple you like.
Add 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger or Chinese five spice powder for additional flavor.