10 Healthy Halloween Treats
Try one of these fun ideas for Halloween snack or to share with friends. Below is the recipe for the green smoothie with the face. The rest of the ideas are in the Notes for easy reference.
- 1 cup milk (I prefer unsweetened nondairy milk in smoothies)
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup frozen mango (or pineapple)
- 1 cup loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons granola
- 2 dried cranberries
- 4 mini marshmallows
Add the milk, banana, mango or pineapple, and spinach to a blender. Blend, starting on low and working up to high.
Pour into a cup or bowl. Add granola for hair, cranberries for eyes, and marshmallows for teeth.
- Snack Bar with Eyes: Roll cream cheese into two small balls and place on the food. Press a mini chocolate chip into each.
- Ghost English Muffin Pizza: Top a toasted English Muffin with pizza sauce or pesto, and top with a ghost cut out from a slice of cheese. Poke two eyes and serve it as is, or melt the cheese quickly in the oven or microwave.
- Mummy Crackers: Top whole grain round crackers (I like the ones in the brown box from Trader Joe's but Breton crackers work too) with shredded cheese. Add slices of black olives for eyes if desired.
- Energy Bite Spiders: Make a batch of energy bites. Break mini pretzels into pieces and use as legs. Add raisin eyes.
- Spinach Banana Cupcakes: Add chocolate frosting to Spinach Banana Muffins. Top with sprinkles if desired. (I separated out the orange and white ones to make it with mostly Halloween colors.)
- Fruit and Yogurt Candy Corn: Place Greek yogurt into a bowl. Top with diced yellow fruit (yellow kiwi or pineapple), orange fruit (clementines or cantaloupe) and white (banana, melon, or coconut).
- Green lunch: Serve up an assortment of green foods for a festive Halloween treat lunch. We like to include Banana Spinach Muffins, Snap Pea Crisps, kiwi, edamame, and cucumbers.
- Strawberry Ghosts: Trim the stems off of strawberries. Dip in Greek yogurt and place onto a pie plate. Add mini chocolate chip eyes. Freeze briefly and serve.
Calories: 234kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 7gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 70mgPotassium: 634mgFiber: 4gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 2535IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 173mgIron: 1mg